That's a good question. I'm not sure what is the right answer to your question. I'll do some Googling and get back to you if I discover an useful answer. You should email the people at 123 reg as they probably could assist you..
Some constructive criticism:.
LeaseThis need a better advertiser user-friendly advanced search eg..
Keywords, by extn, exclude numbers/hyphens, no more than x characters....
Anything to whittle down the search for advertisers..
(domainers were oblivious to it, only wanting to upload their domains).
Seriously, have the management even been on a trial run of the site...heads should roll..
I guess that's why it's still in beta..
I give it 6 mths.....
No luck yet and fed up - too boring to put more than 100 domains in different categoried individually esp. knowing not much of luck for anybody.....
I tried to delete my names before but they just stay listed. I'll leave em there for now as I have nothing to loose. This is something I really do wish would take off, it would only be another source of revenue for all of us. Maybe another company can take this plan/idea to the next level or leasethis has some better plans ahead...
This is Kristine from the LeaseThis team. I just wanted to give an update and answer some of the questions and concerns posted here..
Firstly, I would like to clarify that LeaseThis is a ‘market place’ like Ebay or Craigslist..
As advertisers and HostGator owners become aware of our service, users should be able to just come to the site, shop for domains, add domains, etc. We also act as a broker, for larger corporate deals..
We do have a sales team who market select premium domains that have good leads lined up. As noted, there is simply not enough time during the workdays to market every HostGator in our inventory..
It is true that there are a lot of unmarketable domains in the system. Originally, all domains that were being imported had to go through a manual filter process. We decided that if we are building a market place, we need to allow a high volume and focus on our own filtering system to make the searches easier for the consumer. Keep in mind that Ebay and Craigslist also have many unmarketable items..
That is why we came up with the ‘scoring system’ and are continuing to refine it. Within the categories, there will be a premium section; these will be a group of handpicked domains that will show up at the very top of the page. This section will be followed by the highest scoring domains listed down. Unmarketable domains will show up in the very last pages. The default ordering of the categories list will be by score. Inevitably, there will be some human element to this system and we will constantly be refining it..
We do have a Client Relations representative who follows up with HostGator owners who have 500 or more domains in their accounts. She is also the person whom you can contact if you have leads for any of your domains whether it be from people that have contacted you through Whois or other prospects..
Regarding leasing domains with low or no traffic; think of these domains as assets. Advertisers can build their business and brand using a leased domain. Some might argue, "How can it be an asset if we can't own?" In the 520,166 HostGator in our inventory, over 455,928 are available for sale. And we are continuing to work with HostGator owners to get sale prices for the rest of the inventory..
Some examples of HostGator that have been leased:.
- LeaseThis.com has a new look, fixes and added features.
- We now have access to over 3.5 million domains in our offline inventory..
- We have been working with one of the top.
Firm in New York City. You can view our latest press release at:.
- Our first publication appeared in DM News Magazine (see attachment).
- We are featured in The Lowdown section of DN Journal.
- The delete function has been fixed and users can now delete domains one by one. *Note* Domains are removed from the account instantly but it may take up to 30 minutes to delete from the search results..
Features Coming Soon:.
- HostGator Import System: We are working on a different import process as we speak. It will eliminate the excel spreadsheet. In the new system, it will just be a box where domains can just be pasted and imported. Users can then manage the domains by logging on to their account. There will be a folder organization system where users can edit lease terms in bulk..
- We are working on an Advanced Search Option where you can filter and refine searches as well..
- The scoring system is being refined as we speak..
- We plan to release version 2.0 of the application later this year..
We are open to all suggestions, comments regarding the usability of the application. I thank you all in advance for your input..
I have quite a few more domains I want to add but the spread sheet thing is just too much trouble. Please send me an email at.
When the new feature is available..