Good question... I dunno what is the answer. I'll do some research and get back to you if I got an good answer. You should email the people at Medifast as they probably can answer it..
Dear RBiggs.. LOL.
Now quckly I'm 1 yr out and lost 160 in about 10 mo. As for depression, I all drank before and now post.
So I don't get depressed unless I'm.
The stock page. As for health. I never walked past my frig or mail box in 15 years and have hike to the top of Mt Whitney ca 14495' above sea level and 22 miles round trip n a day, I've day hike to the bottom of the grand canyon and back in a day. Insanity..
Oh and tha was with the love of my life Pollyanna..
So if that's something you can do now maybe you don't need the.
But if it's something you'd like to do before god takes yu home, jump in a save your fat body from dume!.
I wish you wisdom.
Hello scared to death in Florida,.
It has been 12 days since my.
Depression is something that can be overcome. My motto "positive thoughts = positive outcome!.
I go for my first post-op appointment on Thursday, not sure how much I've lost, but I have been told that I will lose the majority of my weight in the first year, which is about 200 pouinds..
I would do it again in a heartbeat. I feel so much better, just with the 35 pounds I lost pre-op..
I am sure that someone that is further out can shed more light than I can..
Welcome to the group Rhonda.
1. 6/20/2006 so 4 years, 4 months, 26 days.
2. Depression? Hmmm well... you get the blues a bit in the first few weeks... shock of.
, hormones in fat releasing, major lifestyle change, what the heck did I do to myself/temporary buyers remorse, drugs and if you were diagnosed depressed before that may not change (fat is a symptom not a cause in most cases) and if you are on depression medication that may need some adjustments (do to the malabsorptive nature of gastric bypass).
3. This depends on how much you have to lose. How committed you are to making life changes. Generally you can expect to lose 70% (average) of your current body weight..
Personally I've lost -158 pounds..
4. Off all prescription medication. Pre-op I was on 8 for GERD, High BP,.
Apnea, etc. Which are ALL resolved now. So heck yeah I'm healthier..
Best wishes with your.
Good to see you made it! :) You'll get a lot of support and comfort here, along with answers to a lot of your questions. And as I said last week, feel free to call me any time if there's something I can help you with, or even just to chat..
1. how long has it been since your.
? 1 year.
2. Is the depression from seratonin levels fluctuating? I never personally experienced any depression - I've been happy-go-lucky the whole time. LOL.
3. What is the most weight anyone has lost? I don't know about everyone else, but I've lost 120 lbs in a year..
4. Are you really healthier doing this to your body than being large? Absolutely! My joints no longer hurt, I'm more active, have an abundance of energy, my cholesterol and other bloodwork and BP are all in check and am loving life..
1. It was 5 months on the 11th.
2. I have been everything but depressed on a love life high!.
3. I am down 81lbs..
4. I didn't feel I had a choice, it was.
Or die. I had no future until this.
1. 8 1/2 months.
2. I had some depression but not bad...felt sorry for myself not being able to enjoy Medifast food the first couple months. I've heard the extra estrogen being released from fat also contributes to fluctuating emotions..
3. Ive lost a total of 162 (30 of that is pre-op loss)..
4. I am WAY healthier now! No more.
Apnea. Blood pressure is beautiful. I can WALK whenever and wherever I want to without pain and fear of embarrassing myself. I have my life back again much better than a piece of cake!.
Wish Id had the.
Years ago. Wishing you wisdom and peace as you make your decision..
1. It's been a month since my.
2. I have taken.
For several years and continue to take it after.
It seems that everything is ok...based on how I feel..
3. I've lost about 30 lbs..
4. YES! This is helping me to be healthy!.
Don't be scared! Do it! This is one of the best decisions I've ever made!!..
Date: July 6, 2010.
Weight loss: 63 lbs.
No depression before or after.
Before-surgery: Heart disease, high BP, Diabetes, Neuropathy, Asthma...on 10+ medications (depending on what disease was giving me hell or trying to kill me at the time).
After-surgery: No Medications...yes, I still have heart disease (its not showing itself now..
Would I do this again? I am so happy, I could run around the world. God and this.
Has given me a second chance to live with pain and the feeling I am going to die any minute now. Just wish I was not so scared that it took me 5 years to make up my mind.....
Welcome Rhonda! You will love this site. Everyone here is so encouraging and informative. I have learned so much since joining. Wish I had found this site before.
, I would have known more of what to expect...