Hmm... I need to find out myself. I don't know what is the answer. I'll do some investigation and get back to you if I bump into an decent answer. You should email the people at Medifast as they probably could help you..
Yes. My original date for.
Was scheduled for Aug. 30 and I ended up having to push it a month back. I am actually almost a week out..
Dont be crushed or discouraged. I learned that during this process not only does gastric bypass try a lot of things but above all things it definitely tests our.
Best Wishes to You on Your Journey..
Hang in there - I know it's tremendous upheaval to get your head set on one date and then change it, but believe me, in the grand scheme of things the date doesn't really matter. Get as healthy as you can be before.
For a week or two will give you more time to get ready, psychologically and physically. And if it goes as planned, get going on recovering!.
I wonder if you can get your doctor's staff to intervene about the timing of the decisin? I'm not sure why one date is better than another but then again there are a lot of things I don't understand...
Your doc should have an insurance liaison, and they are usually right. Wait to see how it shakes out!..
My date got changed today too! But only one day... and one day is not a big deal but everyone already planned on the day and rearranged things and so on......so nowwwww it's all got to change...funny how one day REALLY DOES make a difference! But you know what things happen for a reason..... think positive...
I was given the option of goin on the original date with a different surgeon I am not fond of so NO THANKS!.i will wait!..I love the surgeon who is going to do my.
And wouldn't want anyone else to do it....
The afternoon before my.
(while I was in the bathroom suffering from the "bowel prep"), my surgeon's office called to cancel.
For the next day. I didnt get the message (see "bowel prep" above) until their office was closed so I didn't know if it was permanently cancelled, delayed till later in the day, put off a month or what! It all worked out in the end, but I was an emotional mess for awhile..
The good news: it is so worth it!!.
I'm right there with you I'm scheduled for 11 Oct, but if the surgeon doesn't think my liver has shrunk enough, it'll be postponed. You're absolutely right as if we don't have enough stress about the procedure!.
All we can do is hang in there, do what we can to help be as healthy as we can, and accept that some things are out of our hands..
(I know, I wasn't saying that in my post last week, but the folks on the board have brought me around!) ;-)..
Thanks you all, I was so frustrated last night after I got that insurance letter and was sure I was going to have to reschedule ... BUT - good news, the bariatric coordinator at my dr's office called today and said that the date on that letter was a "dummy date" (does that make me the dummy for getting worked up??) and that my.
Is still a go for November 9th. SO, all is good in my world once again..
I have to say, I am super happy to have found this support group online - it was really nice to be able to purge my worry and ge all your wonderful supportive replies!.
My first official official pre-surgery appointment (now that I have a date... all the rest just seem to be have been part of the checking things off the list) with my surgeon is Friday!..